Job Reference No. SA-006/2017
Quality Strategy and Value Creation
Business Improvement Senior Engineer
- To apply specialized skills to deliver Moderate Level Projects at Departmental Levels.
- To provide Training / Coaching on various Complex BI Tools / Methodology.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Engineering or related field with 6 years of relevant industrial experience
- Diploma in Engineering or related field with 8 years of relevant industrial experience
- Certified Green Belt
- Certified Black Belt (Preferable)
- Exposure to some BI tools like 5S, OEE, Process capability or RCA Green & Black Belt experience
- Deep leadership, consulting, technical BI and change management skills.
- knowledge of Business improvement practice
Consult to the Departmental leadership to define proper scope of projects
- In consultation with BI Leader define the project charter as per needs of Sponsor.
- Validate Baseline and conduct SIPOC, stakeholder analysis.
- Set objectives; plan the tasks and activities; determine the resource requirements; determine the timeline and the sequencing.
- Prepare and present Define Gate Review.
Execute Moderate Level Business Improvement projects to maximize Business
Value in terms of all 6 Pillars.
- Apply Lean Six Sigma Methodology (DMAIC) to deliver Projects aimed at improving
Value of 6 Pillars (cost reduction or profit increase, reduction in cycle time, Reduce Variation, Improve safety etc.)
- Define the problem, the voice of the customer, and the project goals, Boundaries, Resources, Stakeholders etc.
- Measure key aspects of the current process and collect relevant data (decision based on facts by proper validation of data).
- Analyze the data to identify Root Causes and verify cause-and-effect relationships. Determine the relationships, and ensure that all factors have been considered. Ensure usage of proper tools.
- Improve or optimize the current process based on data analysis using techniques such as Brain Storming, design of experiments, poka yoke or mistake proofing, and standardized work, Solution Prioritization etc.
- Set up pilot runs to validate results (use PDCA approach)
- Implement control systems such as statistical process control, production boards, Proper SOP / PM Plans and visual workplaces
- Validate results after implementation of all actions
- Conduct gate reviews with sponsor for each step of DMAIC
- Manage project documentation and reporting as per BI SA rules Evaluate & validate Financial impacts.
Develop / Coach and train employees to build Business Improvement culture
- Execute BI strategy for engaging people through Training / Coaching.
- Coach Green Belts for certification and help them in delivering initial projects.
- Customize Training modules as per departmental requirements when required.
- Develop and provide Training modules based on BI Tools as per organizational needs.
- Execute the SA Omanisation strategy by transferring BI skills and knowledge to local people.
Develop own professional skills and BI know–how to accelerate own professional
development and the skill and capability of the team; support team development
Actively develop own (and BI team) knowledge and skills
- Learn from others (eg: learn about the business by talking to experts)
- Constantly update own knowledge of BI techniques and world’s best practice by reading and consulting with colleagues and professional networks
- Under direction from the Leader, independently learn about one aspect of BI or Plant operations (ie: become the team subject matter expert); share the knowledge
- Through Projects in various areas, develop own knowledge base.
- The closing date for sending your application is 25th November 2017
- Only successful candidates will be contacted
- Please send your application with the job reference number in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org