Our vision is “Passion for Excellence, Be the Best”. This is deeply rooted in the way we drive our Business Strategy through every Business Pillar.
Sohar Aluminium’s Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Policy is embedded into our Business Pillars, and forms an integral part of our journey towards excellence.
Our main safety goal is to operate our smelting operations and power generation in a manner that minimizes environmental footprint, creates a mind-set of Zero Harm and ensures good health of our workforce. We commit to these goals through:
- Engaging total workforce in EHS.
- Implementing initiatives to eliminate all injuries and minimize Sohar Aluminium’s environmental footprint.
- Committed leadership to mitigate and eliminate risks.
- The principal of Zero Harm means that all employees and contractors return home safe and sound from their daily tasks.
The way we work at Sohar Aluminium is an everyday proof of our commitment to EHS:
- We commit to a culture of high safety standards and ensure its sustainability among employees, contractors, visitors and the community.
- We commit to continuous improvement in EHS performance through adherence to and exceeding regulatory and other requirements which our company is subject to.
- We aim to retain and continually improve on all our world class standards, through active participation and cooperation of our employees and stakeholders, in an integrated management system, with defined objectives and targets.
- We believe in achieving performance excellence through the systematic application of risk management practices and the reinforcement of behavioral based safety.
- Sohar Aluminium’s EHS Policy is owned by our employees and through a constant effort we will create a successful and sustainable business that exceeds the aspirations of the stakeholders.
- This policy is available and openly communicated within the organization and to interested parties including stakeholders.