Our vision is “Passion for Excellence, Be the Best”. This is deeply rooted in the way we drive our Business Strategy through every Business Pillar.
Sohar Aluminium’s Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Policy is embedded into our Business, Pillars and forms an integral part of our journey towards excellence.
Our main EHS goal is to operate our smelting operations and power generation in a manner that minimizes environmental footprint, creates a mindset of Zero Harm and ensures good health of our workforce. We commit to these goals through:
- Engaging total workforce in EHS.
- Implementing initiatives to eliminate all injuries and occupational illnesses.
- Committed leadership to protection of the environment, prevention of pollution and responsible use of natural resources.
- Committed leadership to mitigate and eliminate EHS risks.
The principle of Zero Harm means that all employees and contractors return home safe and sound from their daily tasks.
The way we work at Sohar Aluminium is an everyday proof of our commitment to EHS:
- We commit to a culture of high safety standards and ensure its sustainability among employees, contractors, visitors and the community.
- We commit to continual improvement in EHS performance through adherence to compliance obligations including legal and other requirements which our company is subject to.
- We aim to retain and continually improve on our world class standards, through active participation and cooperation of our employees and interested parties, in an integrated management system, with defined objectives and targets.
- We believe in achieving performance excellence through the systematic application of risk management practices and reinforcement of behavioural based safety.
- We commit to carry out our activities with interest to protect the environment, prevent pollution and practice responsible care of natural resources.
Sohar Aluminium’s EHS Policy is owned by our employees. Through a constant effort we will create a successful and sustainable business that meets the aspirations of the interested parties.
This policy is available and openly communicated within the organization and to interested parties including stakeholders.