Our vision is “Maximise shareholder and social value by responsible and sustainable operation of our business”. This is deeply rooted in the way we drive our Business Strategy through every Business Strategic Objectives.
Sohar Aluminium’s Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Policy is embedded into our Business Strategic Objectives and forms an integral part of our journey towards excellence.
Our main EHS goal is to operate our smelting operations and power generation in a manner that minimizes environmental footprint, creates a mindset of Zero Harm, and ensures good health of our workforce. We commit to these goals through:
- Engaging total workforce in EHS.
- Provide safe and healthy working conditions for the prevention of work-related injury and ill health and appropriate to the purpose, size, and context of the organization and to the specific nature of its OH&S risks and OH&S opportunities.
- Committed leadership to protection of the environment, prevent pollution and responsible use of natural resources.
- Committed leadership to mitigate risks and eliminate EHS hazards.
The principle of Zero Harm means that all employees and contractors return home safe and sound from their daily tasks, no harm to the natural environment, surroundings and no health issues are created to employees, contractors, or visitors.
The way we work at Sohar Aluminium is an everyday proof of our commitment to EHS:
- We commit to a culture of high safety standards and ensure its sustainability among employees, contractors, visitors, and the community.
- We commit to continual improvement of EHS management system to enhance our EHS Performance.
- We commit to adhere to compliance obligations including legal requirements and other requirements which our company is subject to.
- We aim to retain and continually improve on our world class standards, through active participation and cooperation of our employees and interested parties, in an integrated management system, with defined objectives and targets.
- We believe in achieving performance excellence through the systematic application of risk management practices and reinforcement of behavioural based safety.
- We commit to carry out our activities with interest to protect the environment, prevent pollution and practice responsible care of natural resources.
Sohar Aluminium’s EHS Policy is owned by our employees. Our commitment is to enable an effective and interdependent culture of EHS across the organisation that suits the aspirations of the interested parties.
This policy is available and openly communicated within the organization and to interested parties including stakeholders.